17 Productive E-Commerce SEO Strategies that will make you want to Implement them right away
Like most of us at the women sorority, my friend Sarah loves to shop too. However, she abstains from trusting online shopping unless the e-commerce vendor shows up in the first page of her Google search. So, if you’re an e-Commerce brand and looking to becoming a trustworthy and dependable e-store, you will need to impress people like Sarah around the world.While Pay-per-click ads might help you attract some traffic initially, the highest conversion rates are achieved only with organic searches.
Undoubtedly and unfortunately, as an e-commerce website, you will have to compete with tons of other e-commerce websites. If you want to climb up the search engine ranking ladder, you will need to adopt some effective SEO techniques which we shall discuss about as we move ahead. If you’re just getting started with your e-store, you have just stumbled upon the ultimate guide to creating a search engine friendly website. If you have already been in the market for some time, nothing to worry, you are still in the right place to start implementing these strategies.
Identifythe Best Keywords
The best way to find the right keywords for your targeted or landing page (the page a user lands up in after clicking the link on a search engine), is to think like a customer. As a customer, what keywords would you use to find products that you want to buy?
- Make a note of the most relevant words and look for their competition and search volume in tools like Google Adword’s or ahrefs keyword tool.
- Pick out keywords that have a high search volume as it means that they are getting searched - a lot!
- Spot keywords that have a relatively low competition level because that will ensure that there are not too many competitors for that keyword and you can rank higher sooner.
- If you’re struggling to identify longer keywords, use google and type the keyword partially. The ever-magical Google help you complete what you have typed and suggest relevant keywords.
To HTTP orTo HTTPS?
HTTPS (Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol Secure) is just a secure version of HTTP that encrypts data and adds that’s extra security layer.
- As an e-commerce store, your customers are trusting you with their hard-earned money and their personal details. It is your job to ensure the security of this critical information. Having an HTTPS website will inevitably build a bond of trust with your customer.
- Google had announced that it prefers HTTPS sites to HTTP and thus ranks them higher (slightly). You know you must do what Google says, right?
Providing relevant and useful content in your e-commerce website will not only help your customers in understanding more about your products but will also aid Google in knowing that your content is better than your competitors.
- You don’t want to mess with Google by having duplicate (copied) content on your e-commerce website. Write original and high-quality content for product pages and blogs.
- Once you’ve narrowed down on your keywords, usethem strategically in your pages. Place the most relevant keywords within the Title, Meta Descriptions, Headers and Sub-headers of your product pages, category pages, home page, etc.
- Simplify your Category title tags and maintain a consistent format throughout all categories.
When it comes to e-commerce marketing, a picture is definitely worth a thousand words. With more images, videos and infographics, you can expect a 94% higher viewing rate than a website that has only textual content.
- Using high-quality and relevant images, infographics and videos will allow search engines to index your website better. The more useful and relevant they are, the higher chances are of getting indexed.
- Including a Visual search feature will enable your users to search for a product by just uploading a picture of it on your website. This can have an amazing result in attracting audiences thus improving your SEO.
- With so many splendid image-based social networking sites like Pinterest and Instagram, it gets easier to perform product marketing thereby improving your off-site SEO.
The Link theory
The only way a search engine can discover or crawl on your web-page is by coming across links – internal and backlinks. Internal links are links that are placed within your website and Backlinks are links that are found on external websites that lead to your web page.
- Every page on your website MUST have an associated link anywhere on your website. This way you are letting the search engine to know that there exists a page to crawl upon.
- Using tools like Moz tools, find out where your competitors are getting their backlinks from. Make a list of those websites and start posting relevant, high-quality and non-spammy links to your website.
Having a relatively slow loading website will not only chase away your users butannoy the search engines too. Google loves speedy websites and will rank you higher if your website loads fast.
- Heavy images and videos may be the biggest cause of a slow website. Compress your images and videos using third party compressors which will also maintain their quality.
- Mobile users are on the rise and you have to ensure your website is responsive andlooks great on any device. Even Google favors websites that are responsive.
- Discard any unused third-party apps or scripts from your website as they can slow down the speed of your website.
As an e-commerce brand, you need to blow away your audience with the products and services you offer. However, to get noticed by that audience, you first need to impress the magnanimous search engines. With a great SEO strategy, you are bound to rank higher than your competitors and thus increase your traffic and revenues. Improving your SEO should be your unending mission and not just a one-time goal.
Share this Article on Social Media
All of my Scripts are ready to customized as per your requirement. Feel free to contact for script customization.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Note : It will be charged as per your customization requirement :)"
Get Updates, Scripts & Other Tutorials to Directly to your Email
Over 20000+ Happy Readers already subscribed. (We don't send spam email). Every email subscriber can get our latest updates and download our 100+ scripts.