How to set up MailChimp in WordPress
Emails can be used to send promotional mails, discount offers, reminders, news letter or any update on the website to the visitors who subscribe to your website. It is an integral part of marketing in today’s world because emails are the oldest and simplest way of exchanging information. Everybody has a habit of going through his/her email once in a day. Therefore, with email marketing solution the chances of business conversion become high.
MailChimp is an email marketing solution. If you have a WordPress website and you are looking for a marketing tool to promote your website, then probably you can give MailChimp a try.
Why install MailChimp plugin in your WordPress website?
Other than just marketing, there are many other advantages of installing MailChimp in your website:
1. USABILITY: You can very easily install MailChimp in your website, which is explained in the later part of this article. Once, you have installed it is very simple to use.
2. FREE AT INITIAL STAGE: There are no charges to test it initially. You can discontinue its usage if you find it useless for yourself. If it works for you then you can buy the premium version after 2000 subscribers.
3. SUPPORTS WORDPRESS INTEGRATIONS: MailChimp gives you the ability to integrate othe WordPress plugins with it so that you can club other functionalities with it.
4. AUTOMATED EMAILS: With MailChimp you can schedule emails for specific occasions like any festival discounts or month beginning/ending offers. Once you have scheduled the emails you do not need to remember on the specific dates about the emails.
5. ECOMMERCE FEATURES: With the e-commerce expanding like never before, it has become difficult to gain your customer’s attention amongst so many competitors. MailChimp provides you with so many ecommerce features that you do not have to think much to promote your online store.
6. GOOGLE ANALYTCS: MailChimp also lets you see the Google Analytics reports so that you can know what is working in your favor and what is not.
Now, when you know all the advantages of using MailChimp, let's see how to set up MailChimp on your WordPress website. Here is the complete guide for setting up MailChimp:
1. CREATE A MAILCHIMP ACCOUNT: Before implementing MailChimp on your website, you will need to have a MailChimp account. Go on to the URL:http://mailchimp.com and click on Sign Up for free. Fill the required fields and there you have a MailChimp account.
2. CREATE AN EMAIL LIST: The first thing you require is an email list. Email list is required because of it maintains all the email lists of the visitors of your website. It will be helpful to convert just a mere visitor into a long-run customer for your business. Now, to create your first email list, go to the list page on your MailChimp dashboard. Add all the details such as name of the list, email addresses etc. and then click on Save button.
3. SIGN UP FORM: Next step is to create the sign up form in your WordPress website.
For this follow these steps:
• On the MailChimp dashboard, select your email list and press on the downward arrow. Select Sign Up forms from the list.
• From the two given options i.e. General Forms and Embedded Forms, select Embedded Forms and click Select button.
• Now, you need to select all the requirements you need to display on the Sign Up page. Then copy the embed code.
• Now, login to your WordPress account. On your WordPress admin, Click on Appearance and select widgets.
• Then, add a text widget in which you need to paste the embed code that you copied earlier.
4. MAILCHIMP PLUGIN INTEGRATION: Now, if you do not want to follow all the confusing steps for setting up MailChimp, you can simply install the MailChimp plugin in your website. In order to integrate the MailChimp plugin, you will need a MailChimp API key.
To generate this API key, go on the following URL:
After getting the API key, you just need to configure the settings under the settings in plugin. Here you can format and style your forms the way you want to.
5. RSS CAMPAIGN: There are times when you need to update your customers about the latest posts or activities on your website. For this you need to create a list and then set up an RSS campaign. Then you can assign your lists to the campaign.
If you find it to difficult to configure and integrate MailChimp and WordPress manually, you can go with Launch Effect. It is WordPress theme which has the MailChimp already integrated in it. It is really simple because all you need is your MailChimp account API key. Then you can easily create your email lists.
MAILCHIMP COMMENT OPTION
You can also give your commentors an option to subscribe to emails. With the help of MailChimp Comment Option plugin, a checkbox will appear in the comment box where any user who comments can also subscribe. You can install the plugin from here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/MailChimp-comment-optin/
KNOW HOW YOUR EMAIL CAMPAIGNS ARE GOING
You would need analytics to know whether the email campaign that you are running is getting you business or not. So, you would need Analytics360 plugin for your MailChimp account. This plugin links Google Analytics to your MailChimp account. Analytics360 provides you with details like at what time you posted something, when your email campaign was active. All in all, it tracks your efforts and the results. It also shows the growth of your subscriber list and its possible reasons.
Email will always be the most preferred method of communication. Hence, email marketing can never go out of the league. By sending just an email to your subscribers, you can attract buyers to your online store. Other than that, always try to experiment with the new ideas. Nobody would click on the same monotonous emails. Hence, you need to customize your emails as well.
Share this Article on Social Media
All of my Scripts are ready to customized as per your requirement. Feel free to contact for script customization.
Contact me at email@example.com
"Note : It will be charged as per your customization requirement :)"
Get Updates, Scripts & Other Tutorials to Directly to your Email
Over 20000+ Happy Readers already subscribed. (We don't send spam email). Every email subscriber can get our latest updates and download our 100+ scripts.