It is well known that PPC campaigns work best for driving instant results. But still, you should know that it is not the only method paid campaigns can deliver profit to internet marketers. Combining PPC data into effective SEO campaign will assist in enhancing your overall performance.
SEO strategy you are using should remain flexible to trends, user behavior, and algorithms. It takes a lot of time to estimate the results of an effective SEO campaign but the PPC data lets you forecast what does not work and what works. By using the PPC information, you can easily boost the search ranking significantly. Let us discuss how to examine your paid campaigns to find out which keywords bring about the maximum conversions and concentrate on these keywords to enhance your SEO.
Know the difference between PPC and SEO keywords
Pay per click or PPC advertising is a straightforwardly managed digital marketing channel. It offers a chance to target particular audiences, countries and also the time you wish to show up your ads. Because of this fact, it is possible to make use of PPC reports to gain useful information for enhancing your keyword list. There are certain difference between gathering keywords for PPC and SEO.
- Driving conversions is the main objective of the PPC campaign. It is the reason keywords utilized for paid advertisements have commercial intent.
- The landing page should be related to the query. If it is not relevant, the advertisements will be highlighted as low-quality ads. Moreover, the search engine would start to display the ads on a less frequent basis.
- It is possible to customize your PPC campaign in such a way to evade non-target visits. If you have selected negative keywords, you should exclude irrelevant keywords.
- Remember, Google Keyword Planner offers competitive and high-cost keywords. It rarely offers low priced and high volume phrases.
How PPC campaign assists your SEO?
Some of the main reasons to collaborate PPC campaigns with SEO efforts are as follows:
- By reviewing your PPC campaigns, it is possible to find out the specific keywords that helped in conversions. Moreover, this step helps you in concentrating on web pages which generates the utmost revenue.
- One of the best ways to appeal to your target audience is paid advertising. You can analyze the activities of people when they click through highly relevant advertisement and find what they search on your website. Thus, you can maintain better user behavior standards. Though the visits result in longer session durations and lower bounce rates, they still serve as optimistic signals for search engine robots. It is the reason paid targeted traffic has a very good impact on the organic search rankings.
- When your website appears both in organic and paid searches, there are chances for the user to click any one of the results. The majority of search results offers various special elements like featured snippets, ads. If the entire elements are showcased on a single page, there are rarer chances for a Google user to click down the website that is ranking in the third position in organic search.
- Certain brands bid branded keywords of the competitors. As a result, the website will be changing in search results. If you wish to attract customers of your competitors, you need to bid on branded keywords also.
Steps to develop your SEO Keyword examining your PPC campaigns
- Use high CTR keywords: When you see the Google Adwords records, you can get a lot of important information regarding organic search optimization. It mostly happens when you spend large sums on Pay Per Click campaign to receive little conversions. This situation occurs when you choose high CPC keywords which are searched by people who are not prepared to convert. Instead of this, you should optimize top of funnel content for expensive keywords and lead the views to conversions.
To find the keywords-> browse reports-> choose search terms. Here, you will see search terms that are used by people and terms that resulted with your ad to appear and being clicked. If you want to gather keywords which result in high click-through rates, navigate under clicks and choose High to Low. You will see a list which will display keywords according to a number of clicks.
Next, let us see the conversion rate in terms of driving number of clicks. If you cannot see any results, it means people who have searched using those specific terms were not ready to purchase. If you still optimize blog posts according to these keywords, there are chances for your visitors to approach your website and get converted as customers.
2. Analyze PPC campaigns of your competitors
To improve SEO keyword list, we suggest you determine competitor’s keywords and ads. Content creation is not performed only for driving traffic to the website. It is something worth for your overall performance of the business. The website content should attract genuine leads which have chances to convert. Hence, it is important to check your competitor’s ads and keywords which are showing on the search engine results page. If you find your competitor spending large sums so as to appear in Google results, it is important to consider the keywords they are using.
During this stage, it is recommended to use all in one Search Engine Optimization Tools such as Moz, Serpstat, or Ahrefs. It is best to use two reports for this purpose.
Keyword report:Enter your focus keyword in the Keyword Research- PPC Search- Keywords section (as shown in the image). Choose your country and select ‘search’. You will see bunch of similar keywords in the report. Those keywords are focused by your competitors. It will be shown along with ads and keywords. Gather the relevant ones and include them in SEO keyword list.
Ad examples report:As you browse the Ad Examples section, you can see the keywords utilized in the paid campaigns of your competitors. This time, you can see them grouped as per the specific ads. It permits you to obtain instant cluster of keywords pertinent to various landing pages.
Conclusion: Keep tracking
Reviewing your PPC results on regular basis helps in improving your SEO performance. Though it is unconventional, it is an effective method. Ensure to make your SEO and PPC function together for better brand promotion. You will witness excellent conversions and also get statistical information to outperform your competitors.